Monday, July 17, 2017

glossing over

I'm tired of what I tend to write here - neglecting to touch on any unsavory subject. It is partially explained by a fairly idillic life. Low stress, exacerbated by my own perusal of too many articles on FB about Herr Frumph and his minions. I can get pretty worked up by one article on global warming. Let alone the assaults on Planned Parenthood. So I make a call to my shut down, shut off, useless Tea-tard Representative, Morgan the Missing. I even call my two Democratic Senators, just to grow the head count. And today I called Lt. Gov. Northam asking him to reject two planned huge pipe lines in Southwestern Va. I wasn't able to say that I wouldn't vote for him, because I know I will do anything to stop Ed Gillespie from becoming Gov. But I did say how upset I am that he is not coming out against the pipe lines. 
I guess I fail to spend much time on my blog because I feel impotent. I feel tired of resisting. I'm glad that there are young ones becoming active! I drove all the way into Bissett Park yesterday afternoon to participate in the Chain, Chain, chain event thrown by Indivisible NRV protesting the latest Senate Health Care (not-care) Bill. I had a cow head in the car along with a new sign (Health Care is a Sacred Cow). But I turned around and came home when I failed to connect with family and I just felt suddenly alone and sad. I don't know why. Not really like me. I was glad to hear that my son and family did go and that it was well attended and fun. I felt silly. I think I have missed my vitamin D! I don't know. 
So I delight in my garden, in a walk to the river in spite of this still irksome plantar fasciitis, in playing with my super fine grandkids. I'm so lucky. I've got to get out of my comfort zone and do more for the environment, women, etc etc...YES.
right now I'll go close my chickens..

No comments:

Post a Comment