Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Escape from Gray World to Beach World

For ten days from  January 24 to Groundhog day, happy trip to DR to stay in little house beside Baldwin and Mindy's rental near down town Las Terranes, Samana, DR.  A beautiful landscape, the little cottage to the right in this picture. It was cool enough that I only went into the pool once; Susan swam several days. The papaya and pineapple were heavenly. Large avocados. Plantain and yuca chips. El Presente cerveza en la playa. The beaches as always, beautiful.
Susan and I had a smooth trip with no hassles and no missed connections; and so much more fun to travel with friend than alone - sharing the anxiety diminishes it! It did rain quite often on the island, but hardly discouraged trips to beach. True was very sick the first several days, finally he rallied with the help of medicine for amoebic dysentery. But the time went too quickly; I hope I can arrange for 3 weeks next winter. I need to check to see how hard it would be to bring Mr. Lee - tho Alma loved having him and he seemed to enjoy his stay at her house. I have more pictures to post, though I am now posting on Instagram.  The colors, the light, the flora - the food! And how my skin drinks happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment