Thursday, July 23, 2009

oh, not so fast

i'd love to say that i am much repaired; but not the case: a face that 1/2 smiles and 1/2 sags (Janus). I woke up Tues 7/21 with Bell's Palsy on the right side! Since my last post on the 15th, I had gotten an RX of amoxicillin because I was still miserable after seeing doctor on Monday the 13th who said i just had some virus. Mindy figured out that the rash I had on my side and the "spider bite" was also rash - which with the fever, chills and sore throat might mean scarlatina. So i called back the doctor who sent in the Rx. But I never felt better on the Amoxicillin; Monday the 20th I got adjusted at the chiropractor which helped my hip pain. Tuesday, however, woke with swollen face and tongue which first made me think allergic to Amoxicillin. It was later that i realized it was one sided and there was numbness and paralysis (like Novocain) on the this right side. the doctor's office said that they had nothing to help me and to go to ER (i am very disenchanted with my new doctor's office). I had taken some Apis in morning and later Causticum; but with a sad resignation i allowed John to take me to the ER. Now I have the arsenal of conventional pharmaceuticals: steroids, antibiotic and antiviral. Doctor thinks that all along i had Lyme's (and indeed I did have a tick on my lower leg - but only for seconds - and on Bell's Palsy morning I found tick on my right ear). He said the Lyme's test doesn't always show much and is expensive, etc - so I'm on Doxycycline. Then for the Bell's Palsy I am on antiviral and prednisone. Do feel better in that no body aches, fever or chills. Weeded my sweet potatoes this morning and planted some more onions. Woke last night when a lovely squall came thru the hollow. John and I even made some dill pickles which I have stored in studio frig instead of processing in hopes they will be crisp! Am still in pickle overload!

No comments:

Post a Comment