Saturday, September 4, 2010

marigolds

My favorite tennis player, James Blake just lost his 3rd round match to Djokovic; he was a wild card in this US OPEN, but went further than Roddick - but not doing as well as his friend, Fish. Hope Fish can beat Djokovic! Blustery lovely day, so good to see my neighbors on Big Branch (please do send me your blogspot name, Emily! - and Anner hope you will begin blogging).
I love marigolds and every fall I wish i had planted more of them - of course, every fall I wish I'd planted more flowers in general and in particular, I wish I had planted 2 or3 more encore roses in the front of the house. But then it is a question of how many more plants I should tempt the deer with! This thought always couples with the question of whether to get a dog or not. Then I attempt to talk myself into visiting the HS shelter; which gets tangled into apprehension of not being able to leave without a dog...which begins a debate on just what type do I want, ending in indecision. ah!

Best news of the day: a grand baby in the near future!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ironic, when visiting I was asked if it seems different without the man since the last time I was there was the eve of your return trip home from Mississippi. I found there not to be much of a difference in energy without the man but I do sense something missing without a dog around the holler..tagging along with you through the streams and deer paths on your way to the river. Though they are such commitment, dedication and demand. I am liking cats more and more these days:)

    ReplyDelete