Friday, September 16, 2011

Garden Devas


I don't know how I may have coaxed them or bargained so well for the health of my corn and sweet potatoes, but whatever happened in my lazy organic way has garnered perfect corn and now almost perfect sweet potatoes! I figure devas or luck, because normally the corn has worms - not many but certainly not zero! And for several years I have lost half of my crop of sweet potatoes to grubs and voles. I suppose the moles have done a good job of eradicating the grubs and by some magic stopped the voles from following their tunnels to the crop.
I took Mr Lee to the vet today to have his teeth checked; and his teeth are as feared in very poor shape. So it is cleaning and pulling on Tuesday for little one; but he should be much happier when recovered. I hate to imagine! I'm cooking chicken soup because of the cold and to dress Mr. Lee's kibbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment