Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Stinging nettles in smoothies

Rainy this morning, abundance of green all about me as I rake grass for the chicken coop. My peonies are opening and I can't walk past without bending for a whiff. Winter falls from my shoulders in a shrug. This is what I wait for and can never fabricate. 
The stinging nettles are up by our camp site at the river. Mindy walked home from the river with a bouquet in her hands yesterday.  I have grown to not  mind the quick sting as I pinch off a nettle top - convincing myself that the discomfort is healing to any arthritic tendency in my hands. Their leaves are hugely beneficial:
  • Strengthen adrenal, urinary, lung and kidney function
  • Purify, build and nourish blood
  • Removes phlegm, alleviates dry cough
  • Reduces symptoms of PMS
  • Alleviates gout, asthma, rheumatic/arthritic conditions, and anemia
  • and can benefit those who suffer from seasonal allergies
 

No comments:

Post a Comment