Sunday, February 9, 2014

3 little poems

impotence



In dream the fence is 12 feet not 6,
no doors or gates work
I have to climb while
chickens scatter in all directions
as neighbor dogs pant and chase.
Only I occupy a superimposed maze,
can see and hear, but cannot
reach the fray, nor
stop the killing spree,
nor save a feather.


heron

too cold to decompose or summon scavengers
the heron curls another week
I nod to corpse and tell myself again
better to let a coyote feast
or vulture come,
then try to bury
the ground too hard for shovel.




stuffed pastries

it doesn't seem linear, this transit to nearly 70,
I am as old as the friends of my greatgrandmother,
bosomy flowery perfumed stuffed pastries,
calling out for a hug,
I ran from
as if they might capture vital particles of joy
or fatten the sleekness of my limbs.
Now I understand their summoning,
merely seeking comingling
of their spirit which was no pastry,
but vigorous still
and wanting out.





mh



No comments:

Post a Comment