Saturday, February 6, 2016

More DR


Baldwin brings coffee to Mindy in the morning, and when I was in the pod across from this one, I also got coffee. Pearl and True would get ready for school and  Baldwin would take them in the tuktuk to town. 
Most mornings we had eggs scrambled with the delicious red peppers - Dominicans don't favor much spice, but their sweet peppers are fantastic, and easy to pepper! And fruit with yogurt or just a passion fruit alone. Papaya and lime juice. Pineapples. Bananas. I haven't forgotten mangos but there were few out this visit. Avocado every day. The house is surrounded by cacoa trees and I learned that the kids love the fruit. Our chocolate made from the seeds being an afterthought, I suppose. 
Cocoa tree, fruit just beginning to grow (red in the light).






No comments:

Post a Comment