Saturday, May 13, 2017

Picture of Two Snakes

I posted this picture which Pearl took of me with two very well fed black snakes I snatched from the chicken coop on FB and received many accolades! So I figure I might post it again. I can hardly believe I managed to grab both of them; one was easy to catch as it had an egg half in its dislocated jar, a docile state. The other was twined about the laying box. I grabbed the egg eater first and called Pearl to take the egg. Then noting that the other snake seemed mesmerized, I grabbed it with my clear hand. I had to loosen its tail with a handful of snake. Then I managed to back out of the coop and close the door with my knee, securing the hook with hand holding snake. I called Pearl to find my phone for a picture as I walked back to the house. voila! True, who had watched the whole event, walked with me down the creek to relocate the scavengers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment