Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Monday post on Tuesday, because....

It was the abrupt news at the Friends of Planned Parenthood meeting that the B'burg clinic will close on March 31st that set me into a tizzy. I finally realized when talking with friend that what I most cared about was continuing to bring sex education to school children, raise money for indigent women who need an abortion, and insuring access to birth control. I am also concerned that chemical abortion will go with the clinic. I would like to insure access to transportation to Roanoke to those who need it. The reasons for termination were that the rent in B'burg was excessive, clients had dwindled to 50 a month and of those half were referred to Roanoke. 
It was a cold day outside also! Cold walk with doggies to the bottoms. Good news that the DR compound now has wi-fi!

No comments:

Post a Comment