Saturday, September 8, 2012

Canvassing for OFA

"We're Army and we've got a lot of guns," said a woman holding back her hound from the screen door. "OK, I guess you're leaning Republican," I say and back away. Darla notes on our clip board the house is a 5 on the Obama scale, we move on. The day had begun well; house with a large picture of Obama in the glass by the front door. This neighborhood of planned development in Christians-burg which was not canvassed in 2008. There was a VT at home game and several driveways were vacant; we left brochures. The last house raised our spirits more than the first; a couple who were ready to volunteer for Obama. But oh, the in between houses were white and Republican - unfortunately no one said Goode. Almost every house had a dog and I thought that next time I canvass, I will pack dog biscuits.


No comments:

Post a Comment