Monday, September 9, 2013

three hens

I bought three 6 month old hens at the market Saturday (the first Saturday of the month small animal market in front of Tractor supply). They are attractive birds: two grey/blue and one black Copper Marans. One hen has braved the chicken yard, while two have hung around the chicken house for two days. Last night I went out to see if all chickens (I had 11 before these new hens) were roosting. All but the one blue were in the house. I managed to herd her into the yard by the house after tangling in the seven foot high weeds in the larger yard. But she didn't go in and I found her roosting on the wire fence when I returned to close up the house. Luckily I grabbed her before she flew out into the wild - which would have been a miserable hunt. I am a bit apprehensive about tonight!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment