Sunday, November 16, 2014

Valley Voices

Stuffed Pastries

It doesn't seem linear, this transit to nearly 70,
I am as old as the friends of my great grandmother,
bosomy flowery perfumed stuffed pastries,
calling out for a hug.
I ran from
as if they might capture vital particles of joy
or fatten the sleekness of my limbs.
Now I understand their summoning,
merely seeking commingling
of their spirits which were not pastries,
but vigorous still
and wanting out.



It was an accomplished group of readers and an entertaining afternoon! I must say, I enjoyed it! Stories by Lucy Adams, Tom McGohey, KT Torrey and Rob Neukirch were particularly fine. Rob's story had us all in stitches; New Floyd in the form of a middle aged massage therapist meets Old Floyd in the form of middle aged suppressed farmers wife. I liked Lucy's story of a high school boy trying to change the trajectory of a development and to honor the memory of his mother. And KT's story of a gay couple was very interesting and i thought masterfully done. Tom's was a literary description of bystanders at the death of a dog on the side of the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment