Sunday, October 16, 2016

Distraction, insidious distraction

I would like to say that I have not been 6 or more times a day checking my phone for the latest news on the antics of Trump, but obviously I have little to show for how I have spent the last couple of months - AND October is 1/2 over! Yikes, I can only hope to rack this time up to experience, fuel for art, increase in work with Hillary's campaign and coalition for justice. More walks, more meditation, more qigong - all in an effort to find balance in the Trump fouled air. Lately I have been turning off the news and playing music. Rejoice at the recent Noble Prize for literature given to Bob Dylan - playing Dylan for hours. There is yet the good in the midst of the maelstrom. Which prompts me to think of Haiti after hurricane Matthew - where is the good there? Can the world respond with real long term help this time, empowering aid?
It was inspiring to attend a workshop on Schussler's 12 tissue remedies - I will seek to increase my use of them. I had not thought of Nat-Phos for acidity balance, and possibly a remedy to think of when someone is trying to wean off a proton pump inhibiter. I am excited to have Mag-Phos to consider for sciatica; indeed, a wonderful remedy for muscle cramps (works for glucose metabolism in muscles). I have been a proponent of the use of Ferrum Phos at the sign of a cold (this mineral delivers oxygen to cells and strengthens the immune system). I wish I had thought to give my dog, Calc-Fluor for his teeth; this mineral helps to re-mineralize teeth and to strengthen bones - excellent for osteoporosis. Especially in the winter when we have less fresh vegetables from the garden it is  a good idea to add Bioplasma to your diet (this is a combination of all 12 salts). 
I have filled my green house in preparation for frost - but we have escaped the killer so far and this week temperatures are forecast to rise into the 80's!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment