Sunday, December 10, 2017

an angle in

The second day of living in snow world saw melting, even what was  my sled run. I'm relieved that the snow is passing; 50 cents urged his hens out; I drove up and down the road with Mr. Lee in the truck - the road good for Subaru, not yet for Prius. Perhaps the road will clear before the bitter cold due on Tuesday with possibility of more snow. A very cold forecast for mid-week, but 50's are back by the weekend! Ann has organized dinner at Palisades Wednesday night to celebrate birthday. 
I've almost completed a puzzle of cows (cow sculptures painted by artists, from sudo-Picasso to sudo-vanGogh). Mr. Lee and I walked up to the blue house, looking for deer to run - or Mr. Lee was. I can imagine a puzzle business which would for a reasonable price transform your own pictures into puzzles - it seems like it could be done cheaply. Though this picture would not be fun to puzzle. 
Behind my daily routine runs an inner dialogue, trying to figure a way to stop the Republican methodical dismantling of the federal government. It is excruciating to watch. And for the last week Los Angeles burns - to horrid to watch. And all the while I am in my snow globe with books and puzzle and my dear dog and cat, 10 chickens and art.







1 comment:

  1. We lost all our chickens to bear and raccoons. I feel that Trump is like Scrooge and we are all vulnerable to being thrown in the poor house. He haunts me.

    ReplyDelete