Saturday, March 30, 2019

Small Incident with Hawk

Should be photo of hawk, but I have not had a good opportunity to take one. Today Mr Li and I surprised hawk as we neared the last creek crossing before the open field by river. I didn't hear hawk but caught his/her flight as it disturbed the corner of my sight. It left a headless squirrel on the path - reminding of the headless chicken abandoned in the front yard. A serial killer's mark! Hopefully the hawk will return to the kill; if not, coyote or other animal will most probably have a treat.

Preparing for the return of family from their winter in the DR. I even scored a papaya at Aldi's - of course, silly of me, as they have been eating fresh ones almost daily. 

The photo is of the swimming hole, a new addition to the blue slate outcrop by the beach beside the swimming hole. The beach is under water or was when this picture was taken a few days ago. Yesterday I discovered the blood root - profuse colonies on the mountain below the cliffs near the hammock. The spring beauties are out in the sandy soil by the river. 



No comments:

Post a Comment