Saturday, February 22, 2020

almost end of February of no snow

Thursday evening a breath of snow, a shaker on leaves and branches. The forecast is for very cold first week of March, which will be change from this mostly warm February. I have, however, begun the slow deliberate cleaning out of papers in my library - an activity I usually hold for snow days. I have filled two woods stoves full which warmed a couple of mornings.
I wanted to include an amazing lucky photo from the motion camera: hawk caught in flight.
I traveled with Tara to Roanoke bus station to meet the 1508,  carrying one family of four asylum seekers from Mexico. Two tiny beautiful children, a six year old girl (about the size of a 3 yr old) and a 2 year old boy (also petit) hugging his small lovely mom and a father. There have been only 4 bus runs so far this February. A stark contrast to last year. Criminal what Trump has caused. And today the results of the Nevada caucuses are trickling in, Sanders is doing great. I would like to see a Sanders/Stacey Abrams ticket in November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment