Saturday, March 21, 2009

a volunteer

spring is official, but cool it is. new year's resolution has me volunteering more, what is it, wanting to feel needed or/and wanting to get myself out of the hollar in the dark time of winter. Trying to fill the vacancies in precinct members for District D in county for the Democratic party; not good with "cold" calls - but wanting to find some eager participants - new faces? I would so love to help defeat Ralph Smith when he runs again for his seat in the Va. Senate - i guess this is a big motivation for me; that and helping with Peggy Frank's campaign if she does run. the afternoon is tugging at me to walk to the river, daffodile heads nodding just off the porch. a brisk walk. then return to calls for democrats and calls to coax friends of library members to bring cookies to April meeting! This morning was a delight: on email with Ezra in Amsterdam and then visit with my beautiful grandchild!

No comments:

Post a Comment