Saturday, March 28, 2009

walked to the see how swollen the river is from the rain we've gotten these past several days and tho the creek's flow is fast, the river is not so high. another day and it will be up. Interesting follow-up from this past Wednesday evening's phone call from mid-wife who lives near - down river - who was in the middle of a delivery when the labor stopped. They had given the woman two homeopathic remedies, "cc" (caulophyllum and cimicifuga) and she had gone to sleep!! Asking more questions I discovered that the woman had arrived fairly anxious as this was an attempt at a vaginal delivery after two c-sections. I suggested Arnica - and Aconite. They were out of Arnica, so my friend drove thru the rain to my house. I was able to look thru my repertory and discovered that Natrum-mur can be helpful when labor stops. So I gave the mid wife Arnica and Nat-mur. Today I find out that the labor began after they gave her Arnica, Aconite and the Nat-mur and the baby was delivered that evening, much to the surprise of my friend. (the contractions were 30 minutes apart when they had called me). A relief to finally know how this turned out as it had been on my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment