Wednesday, May 6, 2009

down in Ocean Springs

Made the 800 mile drive to my dad's house in two sections; rain in both, though not hazardous, welcome grey skies for driving. Spent the night on Tuesday in Fort Payne AL north of Birmingham; Wednesday morning out drove a line of tornado potent clouds down to Gulf Coast. Dadz bar has a new patron who plays 12 string guitar and sings; odd round 30 yr old dressed in three piece suit (it's May here - like 84 degrees)... the bar regulars love him and buy him drinks; he's a music therapist from Biloxi who is sitting with elderly couple. Looking forward to falling asleep with Junot Diaz's fabulous THE BRIEF WONDROUS LIFE OF OSCAR WAO and seeing my good buddy Sharon in the morning. Magnolias are blooming.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you two made it safely! Sorry it was so rainy and boring...makes an already long drive longer!

    Anyway, I love that you do this blog because it's another way for me to learn more about you. I've known you for 20 years now, but I have learned a lot more since I've started reading your blog!

    Take care and enjoy your trip! The sun has actually came out to say hello here today! YAY!!

    I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete