Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Chicken house


Home for a week and busy with garden since arrival; Baldwin built a wonderful new chicken house while we were gone - recycling tin roofing. Tomorrow John and I are resetting the chicken fence so that the hens can access their new digs. It is a most lush spring, tho a frost last week burned the fresh tender magnolia leaves, black walnut leaves and, i fear, some of the day lily buds. Planted the tomatoes and pepper and cucumber plants; yesterday put in a row of sweet potatoes which i got at Slaughters. Frost also took the tops off of the potatoes - it is always a gamble. I've pulled out most of my plants from the greenhouse! Risking it all now - will plant beans and corn this Memorial Day weekend. will add a picture tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm glad that you two are home, and I can't wait to see the new chicken house :O) That's awesome!! Your garden just sounds like it will be as beautiful and scrumptious as it always is!! My tomato plant actually has a little tomato on it and lots more pretty blooms!! I was afraid the frost had crept up and nipped it in the butt but it's a fighter! haha!

    love ya

    ReplyDelete