Saturday, January 23, 2010

missing the obvious

I can remember running around my grandmother's house looking for her glasses in hopes of earning a nickle;yesterday evening after returning home from a delicious meal and wonderful company at Dave and Nancy's, I spent an hour off and on looking for my tea cup - this morning i found the cup in the microwave. dah. But missing the obvious has come to be more important when studying homeopathy - like not getting lost in the minutia of symptoms (like looking for my cup in my library which is way too crowded with books and things!). Remembering to look for what needs to be fixed: like seeing the person frantic for their glasses standing there with them ontop of her head! People come to a homeopath today taking many supplements or pharmaceuticals for this and for that - it is easy to be overwhelmed by the list. I have to stop and look again at the person sitting in front of me. How does she express herself - literally looking at facial expressions, at posture, at clothes...And then asking questions which reveal habits/behaviors, clues to finding a remedy. I had retraced my steps in my house, but failed to recall that i often warmed my tea in the microwave! (I know, microwaves are not good for one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment