Monday, April 5, 2010

dwindling flashes of gold

Of course the head count isn't exact; but yesterday I counted 10 gold fish - today only 6. I'm getting more and hope that the bull frogs who I suspect are the cause of the diminishing amount will tire of the food. I found an undiscovered Easter egg yesterday after dinner and everyone had gone and then another this morning; and I was reminded of the rotten Easter egg in a crook of the magnolia in greatgrandmother's back yard on St. Charles. I've never hidden boiled eggs because of remembering that smell. Baldwin mentioned that he had heard that our lovely 80 degree weather was to end; I checked the forecast and wasn't too surprised to learn that he was correct: by Thursday highs will be in the 60's thru the weekend, more normal fickle April weather with thunder storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment