Friday, May 4, 2012

many little tomato seedlings

Thunderous storm yesterday afternoon, a woo woo storm, I thought, with lightning all about the house. I didn't get into the garden to tuck tomatoes which Baldwin brought into the ground - but perhaps this weekend. I may plant one of the cherry tomatoes in a pot for the deck.
This morning I found that a deer had pruned my hibiscus which I just liberated from the green house - the deer also ate most of an ornamental sweet potato plant in a hanging basket! Selective munching as I can't find other damage. 
I have begun my summer routine early: opening windows at night to let in the cool evening air and closing the windows in the morning to keep the cool air in through the hot afternoon. I have hung scarves on some of the windows which are especially situated to garner the late day sun. I have washed my duvet. And yet I have plants still in the green house and seedlings I dare not risk in the garden yet. Alma says that pepper and tomato plants are effected badly from morning temperatures in the 40's or lower. But I now have so many tomato plants that I will try planting some of them! Enough to test - My new weed eater...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment