Friday, April 25, 2014

leaving on a jet plane..

Below sea level

step on a crack, break your mother's back
I walk carefully to Dr. Thompson's office
in an ugly one story building
with a garage that flooded in the least New Orleans deluge
my mind fixed on a boy friend who lived nearby,
not on talking to a psychiatrist.
My mother catching me before I left,
wanting to know what I talked about;
I didn't tell her that the subject was her.
There was aching demanding silence
in his office filled with books,
I made up dreams to fill the space
that moaned inside. I know I lied
and tried hard not to say, fucking shit
or that I wished to die.

4/4/14
mhnorth

wanting to post something before I left! Had a wonderful day with rain storms and soccer between; for once I tied P. at soccer on the front lawn! Played so hard I fell on top of her - well, caught myself - but barely. flying to the Gulf coast to drive with good old friend to Houston to baby sit Fia while her parents take their first trip alone since her birth. When I began to pack, my dog, mr. lee, turned his eyes big and cruel with anticipated sorrow at me - it's hard enough to leave the spring hollow with out that look. I'm old and attached and comfortable, it is just such an effort! 



No comments:

Post a Comment