Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year's Eve 2015

Ending the year by bringing all my trash to the recycling center before leading my class in qigong. I will begin 2016 with empty garbage cans and aim to spend at least some of the new year weeding thru my too many things. Bring books to the library and clothes to MEAP store. I have accumulated too much to clean out in one day. Besides I need to burn old writing and poems, a cold weather project. And cold winter is due to come the weather man says; we have been unusually warm. I will just dearly pray that snow will hold off until after I return from my trip to Dominican Republic!
Speaking of trips, I enjoyed my time in Houston with Ez, Jen and Fia and with Jen's mom and her brother and his family. Played with Fia's Christmas presents with her: legos (princess and her cat with castle and catapult - really, ha!), playmobile (family camping with tent), tee-pee and huge soft dog, play-do (sea turtle mold and jewelry making kit), and with Fia's doll - oh and puzzles too!! Ez and his friend, Mulvi (who let me stay in his guest room only a few blocks from Ez's house) met me in New Orleans for my brother's party for his daughter, Libby, at the Home of the Blues. I was supposed to be there at 5 PM; but due to fog in Roanoke, I didn't arrive until 10:30. The airline finally got a bus for 50 stranded passengers to Charlotte. Brief hello to Brother, Libby and William - enjoyed the band (Pat Green) and Irma Thomas who sang a couple of songs. We flew to Houston in the morning, Christmas Eve. I was supposed to leave Houston  on the 28th at 8 am, but, deja vie, planes were delayed because of tornadoes in Dallas and foul weather across the country. I finally got home at 8 in the evening, standby status. ah! Global Warming bringing dramatic weather; Mississippi higher than recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment