Thursday, July 2, 2009

like fall day in July

The beginning of Dog Days announced the radio; oddly not so here, lovely balmy cool day - fine for planting another line of edible soy and to replant my second planting of corn. And my thoughts lingered on how much i always longed for seasons as a child growing up in unseasonal New Orleans - I remember looking out of our bedroom window on Henry Clay at the stunning Maple which had turned crimson and dropped its leaves. I recall longing to stay in Pennsylvania at my grandmother's and not return to school in New Orleans - to know what winter was like, to feel the cold. Was it seasons I longed for; or escape from the unchanging home?

wonderful visit with Stanley and Sharon, two of their grandchildren, Liam and Chance! Chance who by the second day felt comfortable enuf to don his black watch plaid robe (and he wore it home!) and Liam who talked John into giving him his first target practice with a 22.

And Bad Girls met again for lunch, at the Buffalo store this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment