Wednesday, July 15, 2009

back to appetite

Misery is the flu, lucky us to have the daily goat parade and grand daughter's first birthday. The fever and chills have moved elsewhere; i am left with bone pain and some sinus pain. But my hunger is back and I am again enjoying our garden! My spider bite has enlarged from the circumference of a quarter to that of a small oval plate - it looks less inflammed. Still managing to get through the day only with the help of Tylanol. My search for my own homeopathic remedy is convoluted: I grabbed Gelsemium the first night when i forced my aching hot body downstairs at some pre dawn hour to find help. By the second day, I realized the Gels. was not helping and managed to prop myself up long enough to get on internet and check out the Herscu Lab. Nux Vomica tool. It seemed a better fit. And yes, it stopped the severe chills, but by day 5, all symptoms thundered back with higher fever and burning eyes, desire for cold cold pack on head, lots of anxiety. I took Arsenicum. I was still having to take two Tylanol (generic) every 4-6 hours for the pain in neck, occiput, sinus, left shoulder. Day 6 I was back to just Tylanol, only to feel on day 7 that I needed the repertorize again. This time I ended up with Eupatorium Perfoliatum. But I only took one dose: as I lay in bed around 2 AM it occurred to me that I had not added how depressed I had become; how much sickness had made me feel an adject failure. And I had not noticed until that morning how left sided my body pain had become, and the sinus pain was now a boring pain over the left eye. So back to the computer, the remedies were getting closer I thought, what symptoms were left were important and they stood out clearer. So today I took Aurum which also covers wounds, bites of poisonous animal!. I feel like I am on the mend though slowly!

1 comment:

  1. What a journey! We love this post- you had us laughing to the point of being doubled over and inadvertently spitting phlegm! Sharing in your misery has been a bonding experience throughout this farm. No one else in the world understands what we've been through. We're calling in the "Groundhog Flu".

    ReplyDelete