Saturday, April 13, 2013

68

Sixty-eight yesterday morning at 5:58 AM. An inch and 3/4 inch of rain, wind and skies tumultuous. A fine April day, clearing until the view from the ridge took the eyes to West Virginia. And last night the new moon holding a grey sphere of itself. 
Sixty-eight, one year older than my mother lived which had been a nagging history in my mind. But I'm in uncharted territory now. Loose upon the world and angry at the insane politicians trying to pad the pockets of the rich and the white and the men and the corporations at the expense of the working poor and middle class and the women and the children and the environment. 
Sixty-eight and on my birthday a shooting at the local mall, two women hospitalized and an 18 year old male shooter arrested. I'm not unfamiliar with guns and of their danger. Without guns in the home there would be A LOT more people alive; people who might have survived suicide or family arguments or drive by shootings. Oh, but there is so much that we need to work towards; I have so much that urges me to get up out of the bed in the morning. This incredibly beautiful world that needs our respect and love.
Sixty-eight and most exciting of all is that I am a grandmother for the third time! There is a precious baby boy in Ethiopia waiting to come home. I am so looking forward to holding him. He's in my heart, in the heart of here, we wish him home soon with every walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment