Thursday, April 11, 2013

bipolar April

Yesterday temperatures rising into the 80's. This morning's red skies promising rain from a cold front moving in from the west that brought and is bringing snow - fortunately not forecast for us. Here the garden ground dry enough that my son tilled the garden and I can begin planting with my neighbor, Alma, who is sharing my garden until she has one of her own in a new house. Just a week ago we had snow and enjoyed sledding - tho not the cold!
Grand-daughter and I had a wonderful morning hosting a New York artist who has been commissioned to create a large landscape inspired by the New River Valley for Virginia Tech's new Center for the Arts. Adam Cvijanovic and Margo, the new curator at Tech's Art Center, hiked with us to the swimming hole talking about the land and of New Orleans!They walked the new bridge, huge downed tree, across the small back bay at the swimming hole - I still haven't had the courage or balance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment