Friday, April 19, 2013

Well, well...

I'm having to get a well. My strong, dynamic spring has been flooded since February; I have been boiling water. I have slowly diffused my resistance, bolstered by estimates for digging out the silted in spring/creek area. There are no local people who work with springs anymore. The county health department engineer came out yesterday to set a location for the well; when I get the paperwork I must choose a drilling company. The perks will be that I can have a washing machine that I don't have to fill with water by hose to avoid constantly cleaning the silt from the filter. I plan to work by hand on ditching out the spring this hot summer - on removing some of the flag irises that have almost blocked the exit to spring over flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment