Sunday, October 18, 2009

Apathy and inertia

I realized this weekend that I am unfortunately not alone suffering from election inertia; oh, i plan to vote on Nov. 3 for governor - in fact, as de facto (i think that is how i should describe the fact that no one else in District stepped forward to be chair) head of District D, I will visit all 5 of the polling places and hand out literature and try to coax others to help. But when my sick dog got sicker yesterday afternoon, I was delighted to stay home to care for George and forego the Demo Dinner - almost everyone I had asked to ride with me had other plans. We worked so hard for Obama just one year ago; I suspect we've little election energy remaining. And locally there are hired workers calling and canvasing which depletes my sense of being necessary. And it is cold....

No comments:

Post a Comment