Tuesday, October 20, 2009

George dies


Yesterday afternoon we buried our dog; George a beagle showed up in the hollow when I was in New Orleans caring for my mother who was dying of cancer. John didn't tell me until I came home; and though he had wanted a beagle to go rabbit hunting with him, it was Skippy (my puli and the last of a line of pulik raised in the hollow) who nurtured George. Skippy and George went rabbit hunting, neither would go with John and a gun! George was 14 in human years and had a habit of deficating by paths in front of houses - she often went up to the blue house in need of company we suppose. I have three cats, but they can't touch the space a dog sleeps in the soul.

1 comment:

  1. I will miss George...she was such a sweet, kind-hearted dog!! Always gave a warm welcome, whether it was with a puddle of pee or just her excited face...haha! Much love to the broken hearts & hugs n kisses to Georgie!! She is resting peacefully now with Skippy where they are chasing all the rabbits there little hearts desire, & swimming in the biggest rivers imaginable!

    ReplyDelete