Tuesday, October 12, 2010

350

On 10-10-10, I gathered basil from the Blue House garden and made two jelly jars of PESTO with extra garlic and walnuts - l leave out the cheese to add later. It lasts well in the freezer and a tablespoon full in soup in the winter sends me to thoughts of summer. In an effort to lower my carbon foot print I did not go out, but walked in homage to trees. In respect to this land, in dear close breath with the wing of dragon fly and bird. In what little I presume to know of my soul, it hosts a connection with earth, a comfort and a howling sorrow at what appears to be a lost respect by humans of this connection. What can we change but ourselves: I fall back into the nest of my hollow, walk again and again the river, seeking and not seeking. Lying down with my face to the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment