Tuesday, October 19, 2010

walked up to top of Red Bud


Clouds coming into heavy masses as I took up my afternoon walk and veered up, steeply up, the north face of Red Bud to the top! There are less of the massive oaks which populated the top when 37 years ago I moved here - the drought, no doubt, has killed a couple. But the top has still a powerful feel. I see where turkeys have recently passed, their scratched ground left. The deer have left scat. I can see far and no house but the blue house. I had meant to come up before the leaves so thickly obscured the ground to look for 'sang, but I'm too late. On the way down I recognize places where I know it grew (and years ago i had planted some). O perfect day!

1 comment:

  1. M-

    Sorry I've been slow sending you the link to my blog. There is embarrassingly little new content: http://yokocantspell.blogspot.com/

    I also have a blog for my flower business if you're interested! http://jordanbloom.blogspot.com/

    It was wonderful to see you a few weeks ago.

    Love,
    Emily T

    ReplyDelete