Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The snake magnet


Third black snake of the season caught in the act of swallowing an egg; this snake 1/2 the circumference of the other two. Blessedly we got 3/10th of inch of rain and the garden is happy as am I, taking a hiatus from watering. Have tiny cucumbers and yellow squash; some green tomatoes also.
Discovered this afternoon at the dermatologist that I have to go in every 3 months this year; today I left with eight spots burned off and a biopsy of a mole on my back (she didn't think was very bad?). So I am renewing my effort to avoid sun during peak time; altho, I will check chicken coop between 2-3 in the afternoon as that seems to be prime time for snake munching down. I told the snake on the walk down to the river that he could have made a home in the coop if he had stuck with mice and left all eggs alone. Don't believe I can make a deal with a snake, but would have loved to have this one take up residence under my house. Eggs must be a great temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment