Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane/blizzard!

Cold with snow/rain from sky which is not sticking and which I pray will not stick, not today, not tonight, not tomorrow! May bring Mr T down from the Blue house this afternoon, just in case a 4 wheel drive is necessary. Looks like Sandy/Frankenstorm is pushing up big waves along the eastern shore, Long Island south to Norfolk. I'm planning on baking cookies to warm up the kitchen from the damp dread day.Tiny marigolds from the Blue House!
Just 200 feet or so higher than the hollar, at the Blue House, snow was sticking on the grass, ducks were inside early and I took Mr T down to my house just in case the morning wakes to inches of wet snow. The wind has made the above freezing 37 degrees feel like 20 something, the dogs are wet and wanting treats. I am happy to be snug and finished with my duties; all the fowl are accounted for! But I fear the gardens will have a rough night; the wind too much for my attempts to cover fig with plastic. At least the fig is surrounded by three bails of hay. The greens should be ok. Blizzard warnings for Charlottesville! I imagine that Sandy is going to be very destructive inland.
A witches brew of a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment