Tuesday, June 9, 2009

why the snow world

This spring I have been negligent of my blog; thinking it might be the snow world opening, I almost changed the picture. I did not (obviously) because I can't choose from the daily changing world of spring/summer - every day is beautiful, especially since we have come out of a several year drought. Noon is retreat time from the heat; good time for blog blah blah blog! Today I voted in the democratic primary; the turn out in District D is scant; I suspect because all three candidates for governor are good. I voted for Deeds after vascillating between him and Moran. I will work for whoever wins; though I think almost as important for my area is the representative race between Nutter and Peggy Frank. We need more democrates in Va. house. I'd like to see some Greens! Here comes my cat, Katrina, bounding up to my chair and nudging to be petted - she's the cat in the snow world. My two old male cats are sleeping (Griffin is 14 and Greystroke is older tho we're not sure by how much).
this morning there was a poignant scene on the gravel road: a handsome black cat looking at the body of a white cat. I am fortunate to live 4/10th of a mile from the road; although I managed to run over one of my dogs on my driveway. Pathetic Austin (a Chesapeake Bay with displasure) had eaten something and nearly died a month before; I almost think that he purposefully got under my tires as I rushed one morning to work. He was never a happy puppy and would growl when you would try to pick him up to move him from a chair. Nevertheless it was horrible to roll over him.
Guess I will umph myself to finish the mulching job I started earlier!

No comments:

Post a Comment