Sunday, February 27, 2011

Her great great grandmother would be delighted


My grandmother was a dancer, Pavlova asked her to join her troop - she was that good. Unfortunately in 1915, to be on stage was equated with prostitution; her father forbid her to dance and sent her to St. Timothy's Boarding School. Nothing dimmed my grandmother's presence; she was magnetic and great fun. She was also born in the Chinese year of the Rat as is P. (and my brother!)

P. and I let loose the goldfish I brought home - and P. fed them. Then we sat on the deck eating peanuts and crackers. We danced.


2 comments:

  1. I love that she loves her tutu skirt. She picked it out- and danced all day in front of windows to see her reflection and when she was outside she danced to see her shadow move. :)

    She loves it at your place. She missed it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am adoring her long, lean feet..not so baby-ish anymore, yet so beautiful..as is every other part of her. Makes me glad to be a part of the awe-some human race.

    ReplyDelete