Sunday, March 11, 2012

Moving into Daylight Savings


What's not to like about lighter longer evenings? Nothing really, just takes old bones a bit to adjust, especially after an overnight with grand-daughter, of endless energy! Mr. Lee and I hiked to the swim hole to sit and oogle; disturbed at first by the sound of all terrain vehicles which mercifully passed on the logging road shortly after we had gained our purchase. I would so outlaw these vehicles along with jet skies if I ran the world. They are NOT sustainable. They are damaging to the environment and to the peace of wild places. They are disrespectful of all life. I rest.
I planted a few of my
rooting potatoes from last year's crop; I only put six into a raised bed because I fear they could take over and I want to grow more than potatoes. I'll till a place for more potatoes out of the raised beds. I dug clumps of grass from the garden and tossed them to the chickens in their poorly sod yard. I'm tempted to keep them fenced off from the garden section of their yard long enough to grow some clover - or else to open up a new section of yard for them. I need to buy some chicken fencing. I am in love with the earth as must be the roots of tree.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, my cousin is doing this fun photo challenge for March....you should join. I would categorize this pic under Day 11: LIVING.

    Check it out here:
    http://oneaboutfaith.blogspot.com/2012/03/march-photo-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. inspired idea - i think i will save it for next winter - or mid summer! cheers to you

    ReplyDelete