Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Red Bud Days


In the back of my mind, I figured that my digital camera had a timer; but the instruction book is no where I can lay my hands on. Finally, yesterday, I played with the menu long enough to find timer mode. One picture later I couldn't seem to manage another. Will have to suck in some patience and try again.
Lovely walk to the river with Mr. Lee after a morning with DD. A perfect sitting log was stranded on my small island that some beaver had cut. Returning home and checking email, I find news from the VA Conservation Network that Virginia is SECOND in the nation in number of polluted waterways. I know I can't be the only person who lives along the Little River who cares to keep it clean, but I know that there are too many land owners who DO NOT CARE. I remember being the only land owner who researched State Scenic River designation and who spoke at the board of Supervisor's meeting for scenic river designation - in a room full of angry landowners, who were ignorant early precursors of Tea Party types. Grrrr. What good is land on a river if neighbors pollute and if there is no way to stop the pollution. The Tea Party does NOT seem to fucking care and desires the emasculation of DEQ. So I sit by the Little River almost every day and send what healing I can muster, visualize the water rushing thru my heart. I know my children care and hopefully more folks do.

No comments:

Post a Comment