Friday, March 16, 2012

seeds sprouting, rain and thunder


Mr Lee, curled on my overstuffed chair, looks like a lamb; I clipped some of his beauty globs and gave him an all over trim. Now I should finish with a bath, but the bath will be for me tonight! Have sniffles which I think might benefit from a Epsom salt soak. I am waiting til dark to close the chickens. Outside in the garden the rain has fattened peas; I know because I discovered one uncovered popping open and I tucked it back into earth. Arugula has sprouted. I'm including dandelion flowers and greens in my green smoothie.
ah, I'm off to close the chickens.
This morning sitting in the sun streaming through the door with grand-daughter and mentioning that I needed to trim some spots on Mr. Lee's coat which I had missed yesterday; P pipes up, "Mama doesn't trim my hair because I'm not a dog." I refrain from giggling too loudly, what delight! We are looking at a small catalog for children's clothes and P has definite opinions on what she likes. While Baldwin fences off one half of the chicken yard, we are debating party clothes. A new level of discussion for me and P which, no doubt, she and her mom have been covering.
Too soon, Baldwin is finished and I am left to rake the half of yard without chickens and to sow clover. Hopefully in a month the chickens can return to enjoy a lush ground for scratching and dusting. Perhaps I'll sow clover in the other half!

No comments:

Post a Comment