Friday, February 8, 2013

Damned if did, damned if didn't

Or just damned for being? I guess I shouldn't mention the ducks who are hunted now by day; the hawk seen soaring over the yard when I was hunting eggs. Perhaps they are safe tonight since the wind is gusty (35 mph) and I would think that might keep the owl or owls away. But then I don't presume to know the ways of owl. I don't know the ways of anyone. I certainly should not have mentioned what is happening in the hollar, like the road. And I really did want to tell someone about my neat solar lights that change colors! 
The snow was lovely this morning, maybe an inch, but with ice coating every stick or blade. I am thankful that we are not in the conjunction of two storm systems, now called storm Nemo, forecast to dump 2 feet of snow on Boston, Hartford, Providence.
I fear I am terribly misunderstood.  
Saturday, and only two ducks remaining; the cripple one was taken off - I suppose I should call it a mercy killing. It looks like a frozen gold fish in the pond, perhaps too near the top to survive . I'll know better this afternoon.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment