Monday, February 18, 2013

Ducky-san


Finally pictures of happy duck. She had exited the pond when she saw me approach from the old goat yard. But I got out my camera and asked her to please take another swim and she obliged! voila.

A load of gravel arrived this morning. Although the mammoth truck nearly got stuck (leaving a terrible deep rut), I talked the driver into trying to unload the #357 stone again. He warned me that I would have to pay for a wrecker if needed or pay for the load if he brought it back to the quarry. I hastily kicked and shoved earth back into the rut as he worked to turn around. He was able to back down and dump rock careful to straddle the soft middle. I should have celebrated by driving up and down, but I was more inclined to walk to the river with dogs. Katrina meowed her way with us. Twelve geese honked while floating down river until they saw us. Halcyon day.

No comments:

Post a Comment