Friday, February 1, 2013

Road Robin

Cold Cold day for the first of February and before I could say, "rabbit rabbit," out of my mouth came, "fuck snow" as I saw the white out of my bedroom window. Happily the afternoon is sunny with diminishing wind and Robin is working on the tiny rift valley which water wrought. Robin has had to use his front end loader to get earth from the side of the mountain to fill in the crevasse and he had to weigh down his blade with a railroad tie. Yippee, I am getting my road restored - although, Robin cautions that it will need to settle and to dry some before being navigable. 
Calling my Virginia Senator and Delegate to urge them to vote against the Governor's transportation bill (HB2313 and SB1355). The bills in both houses are very similar to what the Governor has proposed: to end the gasoline tax and to gain revenue from an annual fee of $100 on electric, hybrid and alternative fuel vehicles - along with a raise in sales tax to 4.8 cents (.8 cents going directly to transportation). When I purchased my Prius 4 years ago, I paid approximately 8 thousand dollars more for the technology - it was taxed then! We need to encourage alternative fuel vehicles NOT discourage them, let alone single these cars out for extra fees. We should TAX gasoline to discourage it's use - period. Where is the sanity in the Governor's suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment