Tuesday, March 8, 2011

jump so high

What is it about jumping high? When I was five I thought I could jump high enough to fly. What prompts us as kids to think we can escape gravity? Or do we assume we are kin to birds? Whatever the impetus, P has the lust. And Mindy located an inside gym for little folk with all manner of trampoline equipment along with the serious gymnastic bars, boards and ropes! I happened to run into Mindy and P on the way to get chicken feed as I was on the way out of Tractor supply. I stowed my goods and joined them, getting a second look at baby ducks and baby chicks which had just arrived at the farm store! Then coffee before the gym. Ah! we all took off our shoes and bounced...little ones who couldn't yet walk were bouncing as their siblings jumped. Wonderful happy little people - and a marvelous area of foam blocks that you can jump into without harm. P. had a ball and didn't want to leave. A fine Mardi Gras.

1 comment:

  1. What a way to celebrate!! I was just thinking today about how excited P will be when little chicks come her way. I have a feeling it will be sooner than later. It was at the blue house that my boy became infatuated with chickens when he was about 4!!

    ReplyDelete