Thursday, December 9, 2010

bah hum why bug?


It's a mania, Christmas; unavoidable if you are a grandmother. Wal-mart, a world unto itself, presents multitudes of dilemmas: for me, what doll? In one sense the choice was easy: there was only one doll of color; problem, he (interestingly, he) was not as "interactive" as some of the other "baby alives" peekabooing and mama papaing in front of me. Baby alive; what's wrong with baby really inanimate? Will they make grandma alive ? I realize that "interactive" means battery operated; i buy a large pack of double A's. I make a very simple decision; since the cuddly cooing baby and the baby doll of color together cost less than the doll that poops, i go for the two. I am so overwhelmed by the doll issue, that i forget nerf balls - which i really want. I don't want to return to Wal-mart until well after Christmas. I must say that I did enjoy lunch with Andi and then shopping for her Christmas present; we went to Pet Smart also and got a present for Mr.Lee and premo doggy fud and most expensive Greenie (for his teeth). My new pet sleeps in a tight little ball; he had a run in with a cockle-burr today and i had to cut some of his top knot, there are still a few burrs in his tail, but he fights the comb. I will have to wage war on burdock in the spring. ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment