Wednesday, December 1, 2010

home, home, home!


It was an adventure returning home, caught in the limbo of Charlotte airport as one after another flight to Roanoke was canceled due to fog until a young woman came up to me, "Mary - Mary North." She had heard my talk on homeopathy at the Blacksburg Library and we have mutual friend in Floyd, we talked about driving, another woman who had already spent 48 hours in flights from Germany, said she'd like to join us, and then, voile a knight - man who had just arranged a company car and wanted company. It turned out very convenient for me as Baldwin picked me up at the Carilion hospital entrance. What a day! This is a picture of my friends: Pres in the middle in front of his new house in the Bywater of New Orleans with my great friend Sharon and her husband Trailer (Sharon noted that we have been friends for 50 years!). Pres's house is wonderful - the rest of his block is 47 (i think) artist apartment units which he built. Home and Pearl this morning; she is a major delight. oh, but the cold has settled in; plan to leave the light on in the chicken house.







No comments:

Post a Comment