Sunday, January 10, 2016

It's Sunday - Saturday failed to get me Here

Saturday began too early: Monty Co. Democrats reorganization caucus. Another meeting wherein I failed to find a replacement for myself, well, for my job as chair of District D. It is more challenging to find volunteers to help elect democrats than it was to find volunteers for hospice patients when i worked as volunteer director. Being with dying seems more attractive that association with political campaigns. From the looks of the Republican roster for Presidential candidate, I'd say that this must indeed be the case. People hate politics and political leaders like they hate to count money. Like they fear and loath the idea of being tarnished by the devil. 
But the day ended with good food and good company at Fran and Henry's. Democrats do enjoy food and company - I hazard that Republicans do also. But I'd rather chit-chat with fellow liberals. And I guess when I try to imagine a Republican shindig it looks like a frat party and the women are all tucked in and coifed. If I go back to my past and look at Mardi Gras culture, it might be the difference between a parade of floats and a parade of trucks. And now, the oldest and most "exclusive" crews no longer parade as they don't want to integrate their membership. It seems a consistent Republican attitude: cut off your nose to spite your face. 



No comments:

Post a Comment