Monday, September 6, 2010

mornings in September light


when my initial melancholy diminishes at the cooler September mornings, at the purple top and golden rod blooming, I delight in the autumn light...it is totally different this time of year here in the hollar, almost gentle, shimmering off the leaves. It surprises me to admit that after probing the sentiment (my sadness in autumn), I realize that at an early age, I didn't want to return to New Orleans from my grandmother's house. It wasn't the city, it was my home.

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar thing- I 'hate autumn' sometimes, and after careful consideration I realize it's residual negativity from having to go back to school each September. This many years later, I still forget sometimes that the association between fall and school is no longer relevant. :)

    ReplyDelete